Hum Aapke Hain Kaun released in the year 1994 exactly 20 years back. It was released on 5th August, 1994 and was a blockbuster film. This film was written and directed by Sooraj R. Barjatya and was released under the Rajshri Productions banner. The film celebrates the Indian wedding traditions and the relationship between the two families. It stars Madhuri Dixit and Salman Khan in the main lead and was the biggest hit of its time. It is also said that today the entire cast met for lunch to celebrate its 20th anniversary.
So today on its 20th anniversary lets talk about some lesser known facts about Hum Aapke Hain Kaun :-
1. It was the first Bollywood film to gross over Rs. 1 billion worldwide and it is still one of the highest earning Hindi film ever.
2. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun is a remake of Rajshri Production’s film Nadiya Ke paar released in 1982 starring Sachin, Sadhna Singh, Inder Thakur and Mitali.
3. The film has won five Filmfare Awards and also one National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment.
4. The very famous track of the film Didi Tera Devar Deewana is said to be inspired by Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s song Saare Nabian.
5. In the film Lata Mangeshkar sang 10 songs and had long retired from accepting any award, but it was the public demand that made her receive the Filmfare Special Award for the same song.
6. Hum Aapke Hain Kaun was also dubbed in Telugu and was named as Premalayan.
7. It is also said that famous painter M.F. Hussain saw this film 85 times.
The film no doubt was a cult film and even famous director Karan Johar said that the film has changed his life and made him realize that Indian Cinema is about Indian Traditions and values, romance and subtlety. It was a trend setter film portraying non-violence. Even today the film is a treat for all the fans and especially people who love romantic films.
Apr 21, 2014 0
Jul 25, 2014 0